GALLOWAYS ON MISSION
This fall we are mentoring and training missionary leadership staff and students at the largest Youth With A Mission base in the WORLD called University of the Nations. Take a look at this short video to see all that happens on this campus every year.
We were so grateful that the biblical values of Youth With A Mission line up perfectly with how we have always lived our lives with integrity and servant leadership.
We actually memorized them! They are:
- To know God
- To make Him known
- Hear God’s voice
- Practice intercessory prayer and worship
- Be visionary
- Champion young people
- Be broad structured and decentralized
- Be international and interdenominational
- Have a biblical worldview
- Function in teams
- Exhibit servant leadership
- Do first, then teach
- Be relationship oriented
- Value the individual
- Value family
- Practice dependence on God for finances
- Practice hospitality
- Communicate with integrity
Did you know?
YWAM is the largest missions organization in the world with 30,000 full-time missionaries with two thirds from the non-Western world! With over 1,800 missions bases worldwide and over 300 University of the Nations Schools internationally, we are grateful we get to launch out from a location where the leadership team and founders reside. We are catching vision and wisdom from the source of the movement.
Over 700 Missionary students just arrived from all over the globe to be trained to “Know God and Make Him Known!” In preparation for the students arrival we had times of training, worship and prayer. All gatherings here are open-air and masked to keep everyone safe of course.
In just this first week of our fall semester here, a young man had a deaf ear miraculously open up in class. Another young man who used to cut himself in the past had scars disappear off of his arms as he worshipped. Wild! In one of the schools, 120 students came forward to commit themself to pursue becoming full-time life-long missionaries. God is moving here!
The Dream Team
A few days ago we met with one of the founders of Youth With A Mission, Darlene Cunningham, and David Joel Hamilton, our direct supervisor, who is the Vice President of University of the Nations internationally and Strategic Innovations worldwide. We have gotten to break bread and spend time at their homes for multiple sit downs as we discuss ways that YWAM can do even better at accomplishing the mission. It has really been awe inspiring and we love this team. They have welcomed us and we are humbled to be a small part of what God is doing in missions on the earth today.
We can’t believe we GET TO DO THIS!
- God’s wisdom and anointing as we meet with leaders everyday from all over the world and counsel them in best ministry practices.
- For God to direct us as we pray into offers coming in to travel to different missions bases worldwide to teach and mentor missionaries in 2022. Currently considering Cameroon, Africa and Bolivia but the opportunities are still presenting themselves weekly! We need to hear from God about timing and locations.
- For God to bless and anoint us as we lead worship for schools, teach and create new effective training materials and workshops for the staff and students.
- For a homebase other than the coffee farm we are living on. It is very rustic, muddy, rainy, with wild boar, and 40 free range chickens. We sleep on an enclosed porch under a farmers home. To be frank we are roughing it. That is okay for a few months, but ideally we would like to have a spot where we can host and love on people. Somewhere our family can visit us as we are not allowed visitors on the farm. We are also a 30 min drive from the missions base and with no roof over our 1997 wheels, well we can get pretty wet. Ha Ha! So something that is within 10 minutes of the base would be ideal. Something we can rent out when out of the country on mission for additional income. Something we can return to when coming in and out of the country frequently on mission as a home-base of sorts where we can keep our minimal possessions so we don’t have to travel with everything we own on our backs like we did this past year.
- Pray that our health stays strong.
Here is our verse for the year that the Lord has given us:
Thank You For Praying For and Partnering with Us!
We are BEYOND GRATEFUL!